Whenever it comes to crowd control, the first thing that comes to our mind is the structure having two posts joined by a stretchable belt. In technical words, we call this structure a retractable belt post that is the most trusted and most commonly used method for crowd and queue control.
Merely choosing any ordinary belt post is not sufficient when you want quality results. But sometimes, due to lack of proper knowledge, it becomes difficult to decide that what are qualities that you need to consider while buying a belt post for your place.
Redefining the idiom that says-
“It takes a jeweller to know a real diamond.”
We at Q-Manager strive to make you the true connoisseur of belt posts. Take a look-
The 3F Rule
First and foremost, the belt post that you are choosing must adhere to the 3F rule where the three F’s stands for Feature, Functionality, and Funds. That means the belt post must be good in features, according to the needed functionality and must be easy for your pocket too.
Other than these three F’s needed, below are some other requirements that your belt post must fulfil in order to be selected as the suitable belt post for your needs-
- The quality of Belts- Belts used in the belt post should be smooth and retractable so as to avoid any dangers and injuries to your visitors.
- Replaceable Components- The components in the belt posts should be made in a way that one must be able to replace the individual components in case of any problem, instead of dealing with the whole post.
- Advertising Opportunity- The belts you are choosing should be customizable so that you can print your messages on the belts and have the strong way to communicate with your guests.
- Base Quality- The stanchion stands tough in every situation if the base is strong enough to keep it in place. So, never ignore the quality of base that is used in the manufacturing of belt posts. Most of the low quality stanchions use concrete base whereas it should be made from cast iron for better functionality.
- Connectivity Options- An ideal post should have 3 Receiving & 1 Extension end for 4-way connectivity and should be flexible enough when quick traffic redirection is needed.
- Cassette Quality- Cassette is the main component which often requires replacement in the belt post. Hence, if the quality of the cassette used in belt post is good enough and the spring quality is taken care of while manufacturing the cassette, then the durability of queue manager will automatically improve.
- Easy to clean and maintain- The belt posts are often used in crowded areas, hence more prone to dirt and dust. The dirty looking stanchions will undoubtedly impact the brand value. So, choose the posts that are easy to clean and maintain and that offers good aesthetic value to your place.
- – The posts chosen should be portable or the fixed ones depending upon individual requirements. For regular crowd control needs, the fixed ones will be the best, whereas, for temporary set ups portable stanchions should be installed at the place.
9. Adaptable for the add-ons- If a belt post can give you some extra advantages, then why not go for the same. So, choose the ones that can hold add-ons over them like- merchandising bowls, sign boards, etc.
We hope that these testing criteria will help you choose the belt post for your needs and you will feel like an expert while making your next purchase for these crowd control stanchions.